Monday, February 8, 2010

Zaa is back on track and I'm back in the blog... ;o)

Finally a new blog post! Now I have finished a lot of boring book-keeping and paper work that I had to do now in the beginning of the new year. Not my favourite job but it has to be done and it's a release after!


Månfares Jimi Hendrix
First I have to boast about one of Elvis pups. He is owned by Joakim Forsgren but his friend Johan Lindahl has been training sheep herding and trialing with him last year and now they are in the top in the ranking of the Young dogs cup!! Cool, I'm proud! Both Johan and Jimi is really talented when it comes to sheep work and together they are a superb team! Beside that, Jimi will probably became father again, can be a interesting litter I think.



Zaa
Finally!! It feel like an eternity. But I counted it has been at least two months with Zaa in leash and trying to keep him calm... Now we have been to the vet again to check x-ray and everything and he was pleased with his revovery! It was now ok to increase his exercise, start with some training and let him be a bit more free. I didn't almost belive him, didn't think this day would ever come... But it did, we are happy!! It's still a long way of rehabilitation but this was absolutely a step in the right direction. And I'm lucky with all this snow in Sweden, it's perfect training for Zaa (and my self... ;o)) I made a little video to celebrate.

New Year

We celebrated the New Year here at our farm. It's perfect a perfect place, without fire works and neigbours that can be disturbed.. :o) Here is Djurdja with Kalles New Year-glasses. Unfortunately you can't see the lights on the glasses that increased the new year-spirit... ;o)

New Year-walk!

Drinking Swedish "glögg"

Before the new year Zeljko come to visit me from Croatia and he stayed for three weeks. I arranged three seminar days with him during his stay and it was very appreciated. I plan for some follow seminars in the summer. We were also competing in Denmark and Gothenburg. A funny thing is that he had one wish before he came here, SNOW. And he got snow his whole stay, lucky guy! Usually snow doesn't stay so long here in this part of Sweden. But it's still not gone yet. It's just coming more and more... Over all it was three became three very nice weeks!
We made a training video with Zeljkos young dog Tip, a follow up to the one we made when I was in Croatia :o)



My friend Elin was here and we all went for a looong walk in the nice winter weather.  The whole pack on a rock.

Ogin and Tip by the river

Elvis and Tip

Djurdja and Tip on an ice floe in the river.

Nature is cool...

New day, new walk! Me, Zeljko and the dogs went to the sea. Beautiful in winter dress :o)

The crew seems to have some problems to leave the port... ;o)

Tip and Ogin on the beach, nice colours!

The old man is on the look...

Ogin on the run!

Frozen river.

Tip in action!

The pack.

A walk on "my lake" :o)  In the summer we swim here, hard to imagine now...

We went to my field in wind and snow. Sometimes it was a bit cold, sometimes a bit hard to run and the obstacles stood where they stood so to say...

Tip's training dog-walk

Zeljko plans to train with Ogin. Lotus plans to train with Zeljko... ;o)

Competitions
The carpet in Denmark were very slippery. I didn't get any good results because I ran in to a jump and Ogin didn't get that good grip. Zeljko got a Danish certificate! :o)

In Gothenburg it started good for me, a 1st place for Elvis and certificate with Ogin. I was pleased with my dogs in all run but I fucked it up a bit so to say... Continued from Denmark to run in to the obstacles... I have to stop with that!!! ;o)

Ina injured a nail the days before the competition so either Nettan or Ina came... :o( boring! And I had hoped to borrow her for some runs...






Ok, have to go. seminar in a riding hall today. Hope to came back sooner than last time!! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment